We want to continue being the local community hub for our customers, and
the health and well-being of our customers and staff are our priority.
We have carefully considered the recent Government Guidance on COVID-19 and carried out a risk assessment to determine the measures that we can implement to enable
us to open safely. Following this we are pleased to announce that we will be doing a phased opening commencing Saturday 4th July 2020.
We will make use of our main indoor room and our newly extended and redesigned
beer garden. We will continue to review our risk assessment, and when we can determine it is safe and feasible to do so, we will open our left hand room
plus our brand new rear extension.
Measures to keep everyone safe include:
- The safe positioning of tables, seating and standing areas to allow for social distancing.
- Social distancing of 1m+ will be adhered to throughout the pub.
- Indoor and outdoor capacity has been calculated and will be strictly adhered to, being fully supervised by staff.
- A one way system will be in place allowing safe entry and exit from the premises, with clear signage.
- All customers will be requested to use the hand sanitiser provided on entry. Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the pub.
- Staff will guide customers to an available table.
- As per our normal operations, staff will take drinks orders at the table. Drinks will be delivered on a tray and customers will be requested to take their drinks off the tray to avoid our
staff having to lean over the table. Empty glasses will be returned in the same way.
- Card payments only – and contactless is to be used where possible.
- Only one person will be allowed in the toilets at any one time. Toilets will be checked and cleaned by staff at least once every hour and toilets will be temporarily closed whilst cleaning takes
- Tables and chairs will be thoroughly sanitised between customers.
- Children will only be allowed in the beer garden (before 5pm). Customers with children will be reminded by staff that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and must follow
social distancing guidelines.
- Quiz nights and events are suspended until we deem it safe to re-introduce them.
In order to support the NHS Test & Trace system, we will be requesting customers to provide their name and contact details for the first 21 days of
We will continue to offer our takeaway service of Real Ale and Cider during opening hours for those customers who do not wish to drink in.
Customers are still welcome to bring in their own food to consume on the premises.
We would like to thank everyone for their continued support and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Martin, Denise, Leon & Claire x